The Family Practice has been structured to provide both non-urgent scheduled appointments and "same day – next day" appointments for acute health issues.
Some examples of why you might make a non-urgent Family Practice appointment are as follows:
- Pregnancy monitoring and newborn care
- Annual physicals and immunizations
- Counselling & medical advice
- i.e. advice about your diet or an exercise program; discussing test results
- Medical forms
- Follow-up care after a hospital visit
- Help with your prescriptions
Some examples of why you might make a "same day – next day" acute care appointment are as follows:
- Throat and chest infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Minor cuts, sprains, rashes, animal bites
- Minor workplace injuries
- Unwell infants
Family Practice scheduled and acute appointments are available Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 7:45pm.