Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the following policies of the Brantford Health Clinic:
- You will contact your familty doctor for all primary care appointments unless there is an emergency or you are travelling away from home.
- You are required to bring your health card to each visit. It is your responsibility to ensure your health card is valid.
- Identify the main reason for your appointment when booking. In general, one or two issues can be dealt with in one visit. Additional issues will require additional appointments.
- Advise us of any change to your medication or allergy status that we may not be aware of.
- Bring your yellow immunization card to all immunization appointments.
- Please remember to update us if your phone number or address changes.
- As a common courtesy, please shower or bathe prior to your appointment for a PAP or physical.
- Brantford Health Clinic is a scent free zone. Please do not wear scented products to your appointments.
- Please turn your cell phone off once you are past the waiting room.
- Certain services are not covered by OHIP and will have a fee attached to them. (i.e.: doctors notes, completion of forms, driver's physicals, invalid health card, etc). A complete list of uninsured OHIP services and fees is available at our intake windows. You will always be notified prior to receiving an uninsured service of the cost attached.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your scheduled appointment you will not be seen and will need to reschedule your appointment.
- We require 2 business days notice for appointment cancellations. There will be a charge of $25 after the second missed regular appointment or a $50 charge for any missed PAP or physical, if you do not notify us. Further appointments will not be booked until the fee is paid.
- Due to the number of tests results we receive daily, we will only call you if your result requires follow up.
- Not all prescription refills require an appointment. Please inquire with one of our physicians or pharmacy technicians to see if you qualify to have refill requests faxed by your pharmacy.